The thought of rising in the morning and going jogging sometimes makes me weary. So, I go back to my easy chair and rest. In less than a minute I’m asleep. Morning exercise? Maybe tomorrow.
When a brain fog means that there is no energy or warmth even at the thought of doing bacon and eggs for breakfast as a reward for a walk, I know I’m in trouble.
Lassitude has its place in life. Is this the way that my body lets me know it’s in control? If I could laugh at my inertia then I’d feel a whole lot better about this.
What Things might Get Me going.
1. A glass of Chardonnay with its mild euphoric effect. Before noon?
2. A friendly phone-call but at 7 AM who’ll call?
3. An upbeat letter from someone I care about, but I’ll have to wait for the letter carrier.
4 Even an email from a random acquaintance might help.
5. Some days, I might even welcome a robocall.
6. An unexpected jump in my PayPal account. Maybe, somebody finally paid me.
7. An invitation to share a weekend vacation with someone. I wait by the door, but nada.
8. A cleansing, warm shower. Didn’t I take one yesterday?
9. An unexpected downpour of grace, though I feel agnostic right now.
10. A downpour! It’s raining. Good! Maybe I’ll go out later.
It’s tricky, though, the idea that I just can’t, because actually I could. But I’d be straining to do my exercise. O.K, I decide, instead on a short walk. If you see me struggling down the path, give me a break by stopping to talk with me for a moment. You might just make my day.